Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DOLE RFA for stayin local domestic helper with unfair employers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

hopialikeit

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I am helping my friend who is a stay-in kasambahay, she already wants to leave work but her amo (employer) would not let her until such time na makahanap sila ng kapalit.

To provide more info, here is a background story:

I have a friend that's a stay-in kasambahay (maid). She's really having a hard time in her work.

Every day she needs to sleep at 12am midnight or close because she still has to wait for her amo to arrive home and care for them. She is also taking care of their 5 month old baby plus she is also doing the laundry, cooking, and cleaning. Actually the only time she is able to do other house work is when the baby goes to sleep. Kasi karga niya palagi yung baby otherwise iiyak or walang magbabantay. Every 3 days the she is swamped with 3 big baskets of dirty laundry which she needs to do plus everyday she also needs to cook.

She barely can care for herself anymore, I frequently ask her how she was doing. It was 4pm already and she hasn't even took a bath. There are no weekends off and her only day off is once a month but it will still depend on her amo.

Lastly, her amo does not have a maid quarters in their house, yes she sleeps in the sofa in the living room. She even recounted how a rat almost bit her in the foot. Her salary is 3,500 before but now increased to 4k yet for that kind of work sobrang kulang non. Wala pang Philhealth, SSS, Pagibig. Sinabi nya pa na hindi rin libre yung toiletries. Napagusapan kasi nila dati libre na yun pero hindi sya binibigyan ng pambili, nahihiya rin naman po siya manghingi ng pambili sa amo niya.

This January 18, I asked her if she can leave na pero noong nagpaalam siya na aalis na on February 2, nagalit ang amo niya at ayaw siyang paalisin unless makahanap sila ng kapalit niya.

Nakapasok po siya dun dahil sa ex niya. Pinasok siya ng hindi niya nalalaman, nalaman lang niya nung nandun na. There is no written contract.

Lastly, an update po, sinabihan niya yung amo niya na aalis na siya this end of February (which more than 1 month of notice already, as far as I know). Inaalala ko lang po what if hindi pa rin siya pinayagan umalis in case wala pa rin kapalit siya, huwag naman sanang umabot pa siya ng March.

I've asked around po online and reddit, sabi to submit an RFA in DOLE. Hindi po kasi ako familiar sa process ng pagsubmit ng RFA.

Ang inaalala ko rin po baka matagal ang process. Stay-in po kasi siya, ang gusto lang po namin is makaalis na siya sa kanyang work as stay-in kasambahay dun sa amo niya, kahit wala na po monetary claims or anything, kahit ganung resolution na lang po, ok na.

Maraming Salamat po

attyLLL

You just go to the nearest DOLE office and ask for assistance.

Or she gives a letter/email/text message to her employer that she intends to leave, and goes in 5 days as allowed by law.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

hopialikeit

Arresto Menor

Salamat po.

Pero paano po process nun sir when asking for assistance?

attyLLL

you just go there and ask. they normally have a desk for it or an officer of the day depending on which office you go to. they will interview you

hopialikeit

Arresto Menor

Sige po, need po ba siya mismo yung pumunta? Or pwede po ako na friend niya on her behalf?

attyLLL

friend can do it but better if she goes herself

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum