Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm

AxeL

Arresto Menor

Good Afternoon po sa lahat,

My mom died with an existing credit in a certain banking institution. Now the bank is trying to get me to restructure her credits and pay for it.

A friend of mine who is also from a collecting agency advised me that the bank cannot force me to pay for it because it is illegal. Is this correct?

I have already sent my Mom's death certificate to the bank. Should I be worried that they are still collecting the amount from me? Or should I stand my ground that they have no right whatsoever to do this? My dad is also worried about this.

Thank you in advance for all your replies.

Sincerely,
AxeL

2DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty Re: DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:32 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

hindi po namamana ang utang. however if she had assets na pinamana sa inyo, pwedeng habulin ng bank yun para pambayad sa utang nya.

3DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty Re: DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 pm

AxeL

Arresto Menor

xtianjames wrote:hindi po namamana ang utang. however if she had assets na pinamana sa inyo, pwedeng habulin ng bank yun para pambayad sa utang nya.

- Thank You Sir, so its still a threat if hindi ko babayaran ung naiwan na utang. Assets like land and properties tama po ba?

Thank you.

4DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty Re: DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 pm

attyLLL

if your mother had properties at the time she died, the bank has a right to claim against those properties. if none, they have no legal right to seek payment from you unless you agree

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty Re: DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:01 pm

AxeL

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:if your mother had properties at the time she died, the bank has a right to claim against those properties. if none, they have no legal right to seek payment from you unless you agree

Thank You Sir. So it might be best to just pay the debt? I was wondering kasi since on other loans like Pag-IBIG and other Banking institutions, once the principal borrower died, automatically Fully Paid ang property. Or maybe there is a law regarding the debt once a borrower has died.

6DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Empty Re: DEATH OF A CARDHOLDER Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:17 pm

attyLLL

again you are not liable for your mothers debts unless you inherited anything. you do no have to agree with the bank unless you want to. in some cases, loans have a clause for life insurance for the debtor

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum