Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Salary Breakdown

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No Salary Breakdown Empty No Salary Breakdown Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:08 am

reyjavjr

Arresto Menor

Hello! I just wanted to seek advice or any opinion about the company my girlfriend is working in: Since it's a new company (BPO) with more or less than 20 people working in it. What she usually receives on the 15th and the 30th payday is the money and the total amount with no break down of lates and absences or even overtime pay.

Now my question is, is there a law that states that employees have the right to know their salary breakdown? If so, what are the legal actions that can be done? One of her colleagues experienced a different matter, wherein that colleague of hers has resigned and was about to get the last pay. That colleague asked their employer about the salary breakdown since it seems that the last pay was a bit small compared to the last few days of work. The only thing that the employer said was (in somehow a threatening way) "Remember, you didn't even render for 30 days". I find it very rude since I, personally, believe that employees have the right to their salary breakdown.

Any opinion or advice is really appreciated.

Thank you!

2No Salary Breakdown Empty Re: No Salary Breakdown Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

"Now my question is, is there a law that states that employees have the right to know their salary breakdown?" - As of to date, and to my knowledge, there is no law that the employer is mandated to give a payslip (with complete details).

However, DOLE did release an announcement to employers regarding this:

https://www.dole.gov.ph/news/view/3719

Hope this helps.

3No Salary Breakdown Empty Re: No Salary Breakdown Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 pm

mrs_scofield

Prision Correccional

The Omnibus Rules Implementing the Labor Code requires that the employer maintains a payroll as evidence of payment of wages and monetary benefits, viz:

SEC. 6. Payrolls. – (a) Every employer shall pay his employees by means of payroll wherein the following information and data shall be individualy shown:

1. length of time to be paid;
2. the rate of pay per month, week, day or hours, piece, etc.;
3. the amount due for regular work;
4. the amount due for overtime work;
5. deductions made from the wages of the employees; and
amount actually paid.

(b) Every employee in the payroll shall sign or place his thumbmark as the case may be, at the end of the line opposite his name where a blank space shall be provided for the purpose. His signature shall be made in ink or his thumbmark placed with the use of the regular stamping ink and pad.

Although the Labor Code does not require the issuance of a payslip, a payroll, on the other hand, is mandated. And this payroll should contain the above.

It is the employee's right to demand a breakdown of his salary computation. Have your girlfriend tried requesting for her salary breakdown?  She may write a request letter to her company's HR and quote this provision. She may ask that she be shown the payroll pertaining to her so she could see the amount paid for overtime and the deductions made from the wages.  If her employer refused to give her salary computation, you may report the matter with the DOLE especially if she suspect that she is being shortchanged or not paid properly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum