Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

american citizen father and has my childs name but not supporting

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Junebaby

Arresto Menor

Hi good evening po

i just want to share my story and ask what to do as well.
i had a american citizen boyfriend we had a son together he is 3 years old now,we planned to get married before but things went wrong when i found out that he is still married with his supposedly ex wife in the US..

we are not totally talking anymore he would just send balik bayan box to my son twice last year but no any financial support..

my son is carrying his name too.. and in the birth cert he signed the documents..

my question is since our son is going to school next year is it possible to demand for a financial support from his father? how and where will i start? should i need to get an appointment to the embassy?

hope to hear from you.
God bless you

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

is your ex bf in the Philippines?

Junebaby

Arresto Menor

Back in the US already but I don't hear from him. And only sent 2 balikbayan box for our son last year

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Then even if you were to file a case against him for lack of support and get a favorable judgement, your ex will not be held liable as he is out of the Philippines. he can only be held accountable when he goes back in the Philippines.

Junebaby

Arresto Menor

Oh ok can't I go to the US embassy? And let them knowith my situation?

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

you can let them know but I doubt they will be much help.

attyLLL

try to look up non government organizations within the United States that may be willing to help and advocate for children of US citizens

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Junebaby

Arresto Menor

Thank you for all your advices guys! @attylll I will that gave me some hope. Thank you God bless

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum