Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Rights on Second Marriage

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Property Rights on Second Marriage Empty Property Rights on Second Marriage Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:02 pm

VAYZ

VAYZ
Arresto Menor

My mom passed away last December of 2016. All heirs (myself, siblings, and father are based abroad) we are all Filipino citizens. Since we are based overseas, we failed to process judicial / extra judicual settlement of our inherited properties, in the allowed 6 months period. Just last month, my father got married again. My questions are:

1. What process we need to undertake to transfer the titles of the properties to us siblings?

2. Will the new wife be part of shares / inhertiance that my mom left us if in case my father dies and we failed to transfer the titles?

Thanks in advance

2Property Rights on Second Marriage Empty Re: Property Rights on Second Marriage Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:50 am

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

Hello po,

The community property was supposed to be liquidated within 1 year of your mother's death. Your father still has time to do it. Since he remarried, the property regime that will govern is complete separation of property so as not to prejudice the heirs of the first marriage.

I suggest you contact a lawyer when you come home so you can have this settled.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum