Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a demotion?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this a demotion? Empty Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

A manager was transferred by management to another office/department with the same rank and compensation but the responsibilities are reduced and can be handled even by a lower ranking employee or by any other professional.

Can this be considered as a demotion? If this was done without due process, is it illegal?

2Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

incomplete info to give a correct analysis.

But in my opinion, with the facts you stated, it is not a demotion.

3Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

@mikos23

what other info do you need?

4Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 pm

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Facts like in the transferred department, what the the said responsibilities that "can be handled" by lower ranking employee, and what the the decision that the manager is allowed to make that a rank and file cannot do. Not all managerial level are the same, specially in responsibility..

Anyway, the way I see it, he is still a "manager" in position/title and there is no lessening of pay, so no demotion.

5Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:54 pm

Bobby Angle

Arresto Menor

@mikos23

The employee is an accounting manager whose responsibilities (e.g. financial reporting, tax, disbursements) can only be performed by an accounting profession. He was later on transferred to a department that handles only property insurance: seeing to it that company properties have insurance coverage and handle insurance claims, if any. I believe insurance can be handled even by non-accounting professionals.

So even if the title and compensation are the same but the employee was mandated to be transferred where he has little responsibilities or unable to practice his profession, it is still not a demotion?

6Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:09 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

as long as rank and compensation is the same its not a demotion. athe employer has the prerogative to assign and remove from your tasks/assignments whenever it wishes. they did not even need to move you, they can just assign you different responsibilities even if you are still in the same position

7Is this a demotion? Empty Re: Is this a demotion? Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:34 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

diba mas maganda nga yan.. same rank and salary.. less work..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum