Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

do you consider this as a demotion?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1do you consider this as a demotion? Empty do you consider this as a demotion? Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:06 am

terminated

Arresto Menor

the employer had made their employees do works that based on their new standards doesn't required and/or irrelevant to the educational proficiencies these employees were once required for them to have during their application?

The tasks however are included in the job description but they change the standard so that the whole jod description is now irrelevant to the educational proficiencies this positions once required.

2do you consider this as a demotion? Empty Re: do you consider this as a demotion? Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

was there a decrease in salary?

3do you consider this as a demotion? Empty Re: do you consider this as a demotion? Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 am

terminated

Arresto Menor

there are no percievable reduction in salary,and position (i assume this is the same as job title) because they keep the job title intact (even if it is very much treated obsolete), and create a new position to replace it. I don't know how do the law define rank ( i think its a military term).

the only thing that is somewhat clear is that the employees concern are obliged to do tasks that based on the employers new standards doesn't correspond any more to the educational proficiencies of the employee which they once required. Therefore, technically, they are not qualified anymore to do the job (based on the new standard).

Also the employers is also planning to reduce these employees work load to about 10%-20% of their current assigned tasks. These 10%-20% tasks that are very much arbitrary and are very much prone for obsolesence and redundancy because of technology, design, and routine advancement.

4do you consider this as a demotion? Empty Re: do you consider this as a demotion? Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:57 pm

attyLLL

how about you clarify what the previous and current tasks are.

otherwise, these all look well within management prerogative.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum