Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Imposed Parking Fee in Private Village/Subdivision

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

freeccs83

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Our Home Owners Association(HOA) is imposing parking fee.

Situation:
We owned a townhouse for more than 34 yrs. with front and back door. We are using the road space in our back door to park our car same as our neighbors. Recently, HOA are asking for parking fee in which they said that they already implemented since 2014. They said we have debts since 2014 because the previous board of trustees were not able to collect or implement appropriately. They presented us computation of how much our debt. Imposing parking fee has been an issue as lots of homeowners did not agree with it.

Here are my questions:
1) Is the road in front of your gate or door is considered Common Area?
2) Are they allowed to impose parking fee without the approval of simple majority of the members/homeowners?
3) Are they allowed to collect fees from previous years in which we never received any notifications or letters?
4) Overall, are they allowed to impose any fees without the approval of simple majority of the members/homeowners?

I used and reviewed Republic Act No. 9904 as reference.

Please advise.

Thank you.

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Common areas - areas maintained by the HOA.
Who is in charge of the maintenance and cleanliness of your roads? Is it the HOA or the Developer?
2 and 4 - No.
3. Yes. Your responsibility as a homeowner includes the fact that you have to pay fees. And yes, that includes previous years, from 2014 to the present.

I suggest that you go to HLURB re: parking fees after you are updated with the monthly dues.

freeccs83

Arresto Menor

Thank you betchay001.

I guess the answer is NO for #3 as well since we, including other homeowners or members, never signed anything related to #4.

Regards.

attyLLL

hlurb recently issued rules that HOAs cannot charge parking fees

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum