Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

does art. 283 cover all companies inc. BPOs?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

micro.managed

Arresto Menor

Hi,

As per my company's HR I would only recv 1mo pay as my separation pay

I have been separated due to redundancy in my post, so now they are letting me go... I have been with the company for 2yrs and 5mos. 6mos if you include the 1 month notice

and they said the separation pay does not include people like us in the BPO plus there is no law that gives that kind of benefit but after searching google I found Art. 283 of the labor code, now I'm confused... HELP?!

also in art. 283 when it says "salary" does it include allowances and 13th month in the computation?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

The Implementing Rules of the LC says:

SECTION 9. Termination pay. — (a) An employee shall be entitled to termination pay equivalent to at least one month's salary for every year of service a fraction of at least six (6) months being considered as one whole year, in case of termination of his employment due to the installation of labor-saving devices or redundancy.

I don't recall any exception to Article 283 - I believe this is applicable to all industries.

Salary refers to your monthly basio. So if for example you are earning 15k per month, you are entitled to receive 45k, plus pro-rated 13th month, unpaid salaries, tax adjustments, (and leave conversions if applicable).

http://www.councilviews.com

micro.managed

Arresto Menor

thank you for the reply, so what would bemy next step if they do not honor this and just provide me with a lame excuse like BPOs are not covered in this code?

also if the allowance is not included in the category "salary" why is it that my company reflects it on my ITR as salary?

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Ask them to show the document from the government that says your industry is not covered by that part of the labor code.

Allowances? Maybe these are taxable allowances which could form part of salary.

http://www.councilviews.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum