Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travel policy to cover the binding contract

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jela2013

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would like to ask if you can help me about my current case.

My employer sent me to other country for a training and job assignment. Prior to my training period, we need to sign a binding contract for a period of 1 year however, they failed to make me sign the said document as they said, my previous files were missing. I just want to confirm if I could resign prior to the end of my supposed contract? The contract shall start on November. I’ve been sent for training but now, I could not feel that there is a reason for it cause I am stagnant here and doing nothing.

And I was asking because we have this internal travel policy which states that whoever was sent abroad for a training shall render a 1 year contract to the company. I was thinking if this policy will cover the rules and won’t allow me to resign even if I did not sign any binding contract at all?

I’ll be very appreciative of your inputs.

Thank you very much

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua

The internal travel policy will not bind you simply because, you did not sign the contract, they preempt you from signing the contract due to missing files, thus the principle of enforceability of contract does not apply to you.

However, you MIGHT be hit and obliged to reimburse the company for training expenses in sending you in other country, this is under the principle of unjust enrichment.

(I like your case, a simple yet a modification of the PAL's Pilot case as decided by the Supreme Court)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum