Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Homeowners Association fees

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Homeowners Association fees Empty Homeowners Association fees Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:19 pm

jeunx

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty,

The HOA where my land is located has issued a Statement of Account dated 22 Sep 2017 representing Maintenance Fee from January 2004 to September 2017 for P100 per month. However, we only got the land in September 2010. Also, I was never contacted by the HOA since acquiring the land and have pictures of the property showing the trees, grasses untrimmed/maintained. Now, they are threatening my buyer that a construction permit will not be issued unless the fee is settled.

Is this legal? Your advise is much appreciated. Thank you.

Jeun

2Homeowners Association fees Empty Re: Homeowners Association fees Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

who was the owner of the land between Jan 2004 to Sept 2010?

3Homeowners Association fees Empty Homeowners Association fees Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:39 pm

jeunx

Arresto Menor

xtianjames wrote:who was the owner of the land between Jan 2004 to Sept 2010?

Hi xtianjames,

We bought it from the developer. We were never informed of any HOA dues prior, during nor after acquiring the land.

4Homeowners Association fees Empty Re: Homeowners Association fees Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:54 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Then you should raise your concerns with the developer since hindi tama na singilin kayo ng assoc fees na di nyo pa naman pag aari yung lupa unless naka specify sa contract nyo na all dues will be payable by you.

5Homeowners Association fees Empty Re: Homeowners Association fees Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:16 pm

jeunx

Arresto Menor

Lumang subdivision na kasi, not recently turned over sa HOA. This is the reply I got from the admin when I asked for revised computation since we only acquired the land in 2010 vs their 2004-2017 computation of fees:
Per instruction from HOA Pres, and the rest of the Board of Director, denied po ang request, the same pa rin ang statement computation, un napo kasi ang resolution, start ng 2004.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum