Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed - charges of illegal recruitment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

accused illegal_recruiter

Arresto Menor

I am posting as a concerned person who just wishes justice to be seen to be done in Philippines.
Case involves two persons, one filipina and one foreigner, apparently charged with illegal recruiting and estafa. They strenously claim complete innocence. They have no money left(yes a BIG problem). They have been held in jail since July 2009 and many pre-hearings have occurred but reset due to no-show by the complainants.
Their legal representative appears to be PAL, although this is not known for sure.It is extremely difficult to get information on their situation, with just two visitors to jail in two years.
They are extremely unhappy with their legal representative, who doesnt appear to be acting in their interests.

Is there any good, strong, determined attorney in Philippines who believes in open and true justice and yet, can work with clients who have very little money?

Their priority is not the courts judgement but that the justice system is shown to be completely open to scrutiny and shown to be fair.

There are aspects of their treatment that indicate they have been placed at some disadvantage due to inaction by their appointed attorney and actions of a judge, although this case is not yet at trial.

At present, the accused do not feel that fair treatment of them is occuring and they have no faith in their legal representative.

I would be happy to give further details, contact information if anyone has an interest in promoting the open/transparent processes of Philippine justice.

These are serious charges of course, the case is also becoming high profile with international media taking an interest and persons such as De Lima also aware of this particular case, from the point of view of due process (stalled pre-hearings and no progression of a bail hearing, although 3 fellow accused were release on bail in 2010).

Russ

attyLLL

they can write to the Legal aid offices of the Ibp or nearest law school.

if complainants are not showing up, then it is unlikely they will be convicted.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Help needed - charges of illegal recruitment Empty alleged illegal recruiting Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:52 am

accused illegal_recruiter

Arresto Menor

AttyLLL
Thank you very much for replying to my appeal for information.
We will contact IBP and see what happens.

Thank you very much

Russ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum