Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Right interpretation of a certain provision

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kuya Jhe

Kuya Jhe
Arresto Menor

A certain provision in one association's constitution and by-laws states:

"The Central who shall be elected by the classroom officers shall elect among themselves the set of officers as referred hereto in Article IV, Section 4."

I have made my interpretation that first, members of the central shall be elected by the classroom officers and second, the central members is mandated to elect among themselves the officers(Pres., Vice-Pres,Sec., Treas etc.) as it was pointed out in article IV, section 4.

However, during the actual election what the classroom officers did was they elected the Officers(Pres., Vice-Pres etc) of the central instead of just the central members.

I asked the over-all adviser and he said it was just right. That, the classroom officers have elected the officers of the central.

I disagree with his interpretations for i believe that the two phrases clearly states its mandates.

If violation of such provision had been committed, what remedy can be made to correct this?

I am not a lawyer but i am quite acquainted with research on many different laws of the land so somehow i got used to these kinds of phrases...but i could be wrong so please kindly shed light on this matter.

Another matter that i wish to be given enlightenment is with regards to PTA/PTCA.

With regards to creation of PTA/PTCA in school. Is there any law/s that makes any difference or separation between what is applicable to PTA in the public school and in the private school? I haven't found/read any
laws with regards to creation or even administration of PTA/PTCA that specifically separate the public from private schools.

Please correct me if I am wrong believing that pursuant to Section 8 of BP 232 and Article 77 of PD 603, the (DepEd) Dept. Order #54 s. of 2009 and its succeeding DO's with regards to the same subjects covers both the public and private schools.

Hoping for your guidance on the above matters.

Thank you and God bless.

Kuya Jhe

Kuya Jhe
Arresto Menor

@mod. please move my post to where you think it appropriately belongs to. Sorry, it was my very first time here and i was careless to see the proper section to post. I just had in mind the "Free legal advice" not noticing further the labor and employment sub-section.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum