Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

interpretation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1interpretation Empty interpretation Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:43 pm

gonnom

Arresto Menor

Code:
if for any reason, you voluntarily terminate your employment with the Company, or are terminated for just cause before you complete this two-year period of service from your commencement date, you agree to indemnify the Company without need of notice or demand the amount of 100,000 as liquidated damages, expenses incurred in providing relocation assistance and allowances, without prejudice to such other liabilities or damages, to which the Company may be entitled under the law and other applicable terms of this employment contract. Said liquidated damages shall be payable immediately upon violation of said condition, or maybe deducted against your receivables from the Company, if any, at the Company’s option. The Company may, at its sole discretion, require you to post a bond equivalent to said amount upon the commencement of your employment or during the course thereof.

can you help me interpret what liquidated damages are?

*update
what do they mean by liquidated damages? per my understanding liquidated damages are expenses incurred in providing relocation assistance and allowances. if they did not spend for my relocation i haven't done any damages

Last edited by gonnom on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

2interpretation Empty Re: interpretation Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:07 pm

attyLLL

liquidated damages refer to a specific amount, meaning there should be no more argument what is the amount because they were already specified. in this clause, there is none

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3interpretation Empty Re: interpretation Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:23 am

gonnom

Arresto Menor

Code:
if for any reason, you voluntarily terminate your employment with the Company, or are terminated for just cause before you complete this two-year period of service from your commencement date, you agree to indemnify the Company without need of notice or demand the amount of[b] 100,000[/b] as liquidated damages, expenses incurred in providing relocation assistance and allowances, without prejudice to such other liabilities or damages, to which the Company may be entitled under the law and other applicable terms of this employment contract. Said liquidated damages shall be payable immediately upon violation of said condition, or maybe deducted against your receivables from the Company, if any, at the Company’s option. The Company may, at its sole discretion, require you to post a bond equivalent to said amount upon the commencement of your employment or during the course thereof.
*update
what do they mean by liquidated damages? per my understanding liquidated damages are expenses incurred in providing relocation assistance and allowances. if they did not spend for my relocation i haven't done any damages

4interpretation Empty Re: interpretation Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:06 pm

attyLLL

the specified amount of P100k is considered the liquidated damages. read up on 'employment bond' in the forum

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5interpretation Empty Re: interpretation Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:29 pm

gonnom

Arresto Menor

i have another question
can the liquidated damages be only : expenses incurred in providing relocation assistance and allowances?

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum