Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Void or voidable?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Void or voidable? Empty Void or voidable? Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:29 pm

browsertech

Arresto Menor

Good day po,

I would like to find out po sana the validity of my current bf's marriage. He says that they were married when he was 22 and the girl was 19, without parental consent nor a marriage license (I guess these were the times na uso yung "secret marriage"). They were only together for a few months and has not been in contact with the girl for 7 years. I find it difficult to talk to him straight about this without appearing to be nagging. Since a CENOMAR is supposed to be public record, would it be possible for me to get this on his behalf? If so, should it turn out to be negative, then that means they were not really married right? and if it's positive, then that should prompt him to file for a declaration of nullity?

Thank you in advance.

2Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

attyLLL

you can ask for a cenomar even without his consent.

if there was no marriage license then that may be a basis for a declaration of nullity. if he is not yet 26, then the lack of consent or advice can also be basis.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:16 pm

browsertech

Arresto Menor

Thank you again atty. for your reply. Yes, I already filed a request for cenomar on his behalf, I guess I will just have to wait and see of what comes out of it. He's 30 now and the girl I think is definitely 26 or older.

4Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:15 pm

fox29

Arresto Menor

pano po sisimulan process ng declaration of nullity? ang kapatid ko po kasi ay ikinasal when he was 17 pero nag declare na 24 sya nun sa local marriage cert. pero sa NSO, na-isyuhan naman sya ng cenomar (gamit ang totoong birthday nya). salamat po.

5Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:39 pm

browsertech

Arresto Menor

Yes, that was supposed to be my next question. Smile

6Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:56 pm

attyLLL

you should retain a lawyer to prepare your petition.

7Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:20 pm

fox29

Arresto Menor

thanks po. nagbabalak na po kasi sya pakasal and gusto nya i-skip ang petition since wala naman sya NSO record...

8Void or voidable? Empty Re: Void or voidable? Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:45 pm

attyLLL

fox29, while he may do so, he can be vulnerable to a charge of bigamy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum