Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contract between me and my agency

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contract between me and my agency Empty Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

Aaaasssppp

Arresto Menor

Hi attorney,
I just want to ask about my situation. I worked in a bpo industry thru an agency. Our contract with agency is good for 3 mos. Now I just lasted for 2 mos, I quitted the job because of health issue. I submitted a resignation letter and the company accepted it. I went home to do my medication there. But the agency wanted me to pay 25k for breaching the contract with them. However, it is stated on the contract that sickness at work can dissolve the contract as long as I have a medical certificate that is validated by the company I worked for. I have my medical certificate with me now but I was not able to validate it by the company's doctor because they did not ask for my medical cert when I resigned and so I did my medical treatments here in leyte. Now, the agency wants me to pay the 25k and wants to file a case for this. I am really bothered. Please help me if what can I possibly do. I have a valid medical cert with me stating that I am not fit to work.

2Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

First, what is your contract, with the BPO or with the Agency?

If you are working thru an agency, then your contract is with the agency. Your company is not the BPO and you should have submitted to the agency your resignation and not the BPO.

2nd, you should have validated your medical certificate with the doctor of the "company" that you work for and should not assume that everything is okay. Follow what is stated in your contract.

What you can do is go to your "company" and negotiate with them either for a lower amount or have it waived.

3Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:55 am

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

can't you validate your med cert with the company now?

4Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Aaaasssppp

Arresto Menor

My contract is between me and the agency. The company (BPO) ask for a resignation letter so I submitted one. They are not asking for any amount because I resigned. But the agency wanted me to pay that amount to them for breaching the contract. I just don't know how to deal with the agency because they wanted me to pay it, even if I have a medical certificate. What should I do? Thank you.

5Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:47 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

My contract is between me and the agency. The company (BPO) ask for a resignation letter so I submitted one. They are not asking for any amount because I resigned. But the agency wanted me to pay that amount to them for breaching the contract. I just don't know how to deal with the agency because they wanted me to pay it, even if I have a medical certificate. What should I do? Thank you.

Just focus on this part as this is the one that is important on your case.
What you need to do? comply with your contract. the agency is basing their action on the said contract.

6Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Aaaasssppp

Arresto Menor

Is there any possible remedies on how to waive it?

7Contract between me and my agency Empty Re: Contract between me and my agency Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:52 am

mikos23

mikos23
Reclusion Perpetua

Yes, by having their doctor deemed that you are not fit to work

Aaaasssppp wrote:Is there any possible remedies on how to waive it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum