Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cancelled Air Ticket

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cancelled Air Ticket Empty Cancelled Air Ticket Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:53 am

LABSKOSIBEBE

Arresto Menor

Good day po. Im based in UAE po. I have seen the promotion of Emirates Airline thru license travel agency in Philippine via FB. I was hesitant to deal with them as I got them thru Facebook only. In order to convince me that this promotion is legitimate, Elvin (owner of Phils. agency) given me the contact details and Trade License of Tourism agency based in Dubai. I spoke with Dubai travel agent and confirmed that they do received payments on behalf of Phils. agency - either visit their company for the payment or do bank transfer / deposit for convenience. One of my friends where able to travel using the issued ticket from Philippine Agency. Hence, I posted in FB as well to share this promotion.
Last  Apr 27, 2017, I received a call from one of my friend that she was not able to fly as the ticket issued was cancelled. So I immediately called the Emirates Airline to check the status of our tickets and told me that it was auto cancelled due to non-payment from travel agency.
My only proof of payment are bank transfer and ATM deposit to Dubai Agency. I tried to claim from Dubai Agency but they said that they are catching Philippine Agency for unpaid tickets and travel they have taken from them and told us they are not responsible for this cancelled ticket since they do received the payment on behalf of the company only.
On the other note, we are having group chat in FB that Philippines Agency's owner said that they are liable with it and will refund our money. However, they are capable of paying max Php 20K per month while the approximate refund will be Php 600K. Being OFW, we are getting hard time to claims since the owner is outside UAE.
My question is, can I sue the company? The owner is currently in based in Thailand but once in a while go back to Philippine for vacation.

2Cancelled Air Ticket Empty Re: Cancelled Air Ticket Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:07 am

LABSKOSIBEBE

Arresto Menor

I tried to file case in UAE since payment happened here but then they said since the license is issued in Phils, I have to file it against the owner of Pinas travel agency. Being OFW, mahirap po sa aking to directly file case since I can't simple go home in Pinas kc ala po akong pamasahe. Can I ask someone to represent me?
Owner of the agency keeps on travelling din po, is there possibility na ipahold sila sa Immigration natin since I'm afraid that we cant locate them later on.
Looking forward po s legal advise nio mga kabayan. Salamat po

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum