Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:55 am

miyasunshin

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I was put on preventive suspension for insubordination, deliberately restricts output, habitual negligence of duties without proof all the grounds were due to my superior's negligence which were blamed to me. I was asked to write an explanation letter. It must be submitted within 5 days so I did submit one. Accdg to the HR I was suspended for 5 days. However, she gave me a memo stating that i'd be suspended for 30 days. I clarified to her if I should be reporting to the office after 5 days but she did not respond. I was removed from the groups of our office and the admin page as welll during the 5 days given for me to submit an explanation letter. Does this mean I'm already terminated without due process? What complaints can I file against them? Can they hold my salary for this cut off? Thank you so much. I hope to hear your feedback so that I know what my next step would be.

2PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty Re: PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

No, if they gave you memo stating that you were placed on preventive suspension then you were not terminated unless they tell you otherwise. If within 30 days you do not hear from them then go to work after the 30 days are over and proceed from there. No, your salary should not be put on hold unless the issues involve money or property.

3PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty Re: PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:38 am

miyasunshin

Arresto Menor

Can I file any complaints regarding this? Thanks!

4PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty Re: PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 am

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

If you file a complaint, what is/are your basis/es? Because you were placed under preventive suspension?

A preventive suspension is a preventive measure given to the employer, by no less than the Labor Code, to protect itself. Read the memo that you receive. If you were preventively suspended, there is a presumption that your management has legal basis to do so.

5PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty Re: PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:58 am

miyasunshin

Arresto Menor

Are their basis for my suspension even without proof valid? Thank you for answering my questions.

6PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Empty Re: PREVENTIVE SUSPENSION Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:07 pm

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

YES. Again, there is a presumption that the same is legal. You said it yourself, you were suspended because of "insubordination, deliberately restricts output, habitual neglect of duties". Of course, to give management the opportunity to investigate your case, they have to place you under preventive suspension.

Take the period to prepare your defense so you could protect yourself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum