Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

No pay for absence before & after holiday

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No pay for absence before & after holiday Empty No pay for absence before & after holiday Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

kapaat_arc@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Hi

I am Kenneth, legal management graduate and now, currently working as an HR officer.
I need some legal advice pertaining to unauthorized absences before and after holiday.
My boss wants to implement penalty of insubordination to employees who will gets absence before and after holiday. is this ok with the labor code?
Your legal advice is must appreciated. Thank you

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes but then you need to memo or instruct the affected persons on the dates specifically. When the charge is questioned, you also need to provide a reasonable justitication on why that person is being asked to report on those days. "ie he is part of accounting staff and they will be asked to explain audit findings that day"

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

this is very matrabaho and might still be questionable. why not just penalize them for absentism?

kapaat_arc@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Thank you for your insights, however, given the scenario, Is it really ok to implement punishment of insubordination to employees who will have unauthorized absent before & after holiday?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes as long as you issued a memo to that employee that he had to report for work on that specific date. for example if you issued a memo to pedro dacuycuy that he had to report for work on dec 23 because your client Mrs Palaypay will be visitng and asked for him specifically. if he doesn't show up on dec 23 you can penalize him for insubordination

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum