Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advise for Delayed Birth/Marriage Certificate

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shiba

Arresto Menor

Good Morning

I have inquiry regarding to file a marriage contract and birth certificate for my daughter. we are from Marawi City and stay here in Luzon. are we allowed to file our papers here? we don't have Marriage contract since we are Muslims and we did not file it on the time of our wedding day. I'm hoping that you can give me some advice. i need it very badly for employment.

Thanks,

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

https://psa.gov.ph/article/rules-and-regulations-governing-registration-acts-and-events-concerning-civil-status-muslim

It appears you have to register where the nearest Shari'a court is, or in the place where you celebrated the marriage for your marriage.

For births, out-of-town reporting of births is allowed.

Ratchei

Arresto Menor

Salam,

Muslim usually register the Marriage pursuant to PD 1083 or Code of Muslim Personal Laws of the Philippines before any Shariah Courts. Unfornately, we don't have Shariah Court in Metro Manila but we have Shariah Counselors who facilatate the registration and other cases like Conversion and divorce.

Do email me for registration assistance and other Muslim issues/cases: atcheinasir@gmail.com.

Thank you

Shariah Counselor

shiba

Arresto Menor

the case is i have my marriage contract that registered to local registry of Marawi but it was not forwarded to NSO. we have crisis in Marawi so there's no way to contact our registrar office. so what is my other option for my situation? i want to apply passport for my husband and my daughter but we don't have papers. please give me some advice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum