Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pregnant and Working

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pregnant and Working Empty Pregnant and Working Tue May 30, 2017 4:44 am

janinelaraza@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I'm pregnant with my first baby and during my first trimester, I was advice by my OB to rest for 2 weeks. I already used 3 sick leaves prior to that so I only had 12 SL days left when that happened. I was expecting that they will tag me for SLWOP for the two days I'll be absent but I was adviced by my manager that it was instead tagged as AWOL. I thought AWOL is an absence without seeking prior approval but I sent them all the documents notifying that I'll be on leave for 14 days and they approved it. And also recently, I came to work not feeling well, logged in and took calls for more than and hour, went to the clinic and the doctor adviced me to go home since I was not fit to work. They also tagged me as AWOL for it even though I came to work and my manager issued me an NTE and warned me that it might escalate and result in my termination. I feel so stressed out and feel harassed with what they're doing fearing that I might lose my job due to my pregnancy. I just want to clarify if what they're doing is right.

Thank you.

2Pregnant and Working Empty Re: Pregnant and Working Tue May 30, 2017 8:11 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

awol means absence without leave. leave has to be approved not merely filed. If you have an approved leave then they shouldnt have tagged you awol. As for the 2nd incident just answer the NTE.

3Pregnant and Working Empty Re: Pregnant and Working Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 am

janinelaraza@gmail.com

Arresto Menor

lukekyle wrote:awol means absence without leave. leave has to be approved not merely filed. If you have an approved leave then they shouldnt have tagged you awol. As for the 2nd incident just answer the NTE.

Yes they approved that leave. So it means I can take legal action for them tagging me as AWOL right? And yes I sent them my NTE. My only issue there is my manager is threatening me that it might escalate in case I'll be absent again which ofcourse I can't be sure of since I'm still heavily pregnant. It feels like I don't have the right to get sick and I have no choice but to go to work even if I'm not feeling well.

anyways,

Thanks for your reply!!I appreciate it so much Very Happy

4Pregnant and Working Empty Re: Pregnant and Working Tue May 30, 2017 9:22 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes but even if you win you gain nothing. If i were you wait till something arises from the tagging, if may suspension or penalty saka ka na mag reklamo. Kasi if mag file ka ng complaint, tatanggalin lang nila yung "awol" but you had to miss work 3-4 times to attend the hearings. Just make sure meron kang mga medical certificates to back you up on the days that you are away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum