Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insane Father harassing my mother's family

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Maverick20

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty.,
My mom and dad are separated due to my dad cheating on my mom. Mom is in Canada and dad is in the Philippines. They are still legally married in the Philippines and we have a house there which is a conjugal property of both my mom and my dad.

They are obviously not in good terms so when my mom went home to the Philippines, my dad went to Canada to take care of some stuff. While my mom was there, she wanted to get in our house but my dad didn't leave the key to the house so mom decided to break the lock and take some of the stuff from that house. When my mom decided to break the lock, she took my auntie uncle and cousin with her inside the house, with her full consent.

Now, my dad is back in the Philippines making a big deal out of it harassing my auntie uncle and cousin blaming them for missing items even though he knows that it was my mom who took it. He's threatening them that he will sue them if he doesn't get his items back. Please note that those items are not solely his property (land title under my moms name, our birth certificates etc)

Now my question is, does he have the grounds to sue my auntie uncle and cousin even though they didn't trespass our house because they were with my mom who is a legal owner of the house?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Maverick20 on Sun May 21, 2017 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maverick20

Arresto Menor

PS. My mom is now back here in Canada

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Yes he can sue them however, they will probably be not found guilty for trespassing since they are with the co-owner of the house (your mom).

The problem will probably be with the taken items since if these are conjugal property, your mother has no right to take it without the consent of your father since both of them are the owners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum