Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change surname

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change surname Empty Change surname Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 pm

JcGabriel

Arresto Menor

Hi po, i just want to ask ano po dpat kong gawin pra mpalitan po ung surname ng anak ko kc npsunod ko po sa surname ng tatay ng anak ko ung apelyido nya nung pinanganak ko sya. Kaso po after mag 1 yr old ng bata ndi napo kmi in gud terms ng tatay ng anak ko. At the same tym po ndi na rin po sya ngbibigay ng sustento after until now. Then nbalitaan ko nlng po ngpkasal na sya. So gus2 ko nlng po isunod sa apelyido ko ung surname ng anak ko pra pag ngaral napo sya lana po problema. Ano po ba the best way kung gawin?..tnx in advance po.

2Change surname Empty Re: Change surname Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

You will have to go to court.

But I don't think just because you are not in good terms with the father that you should revert the child's surname back to yours.

What made you say it would be easier for the child to enroll if he had your surname?

3Change surname Empty Re: Change surname Thu May 25, 2017 5:32 pm

JcGabriel

Arresto Menor

Because he don't care at all on our child.. He don't even bother to ask how's my child. And we dont have communication anymore after he got married. So i guess it will be the best ground against him that i can say on the court. And i have plan to bring my son here abroad so it will be easier for me to bring him here if we have same surname. May i know sir what are the requirements may i need to process the papers of my son in the court?..tia

4Change surname Empty Re: Change surname Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Well you cannot force a person to exercise a right that is granted to him if he does not want to.

Consult a lawyer. They will help you draft your petition for change of name.

5Change surname Empty Re: Change surname Thu May 25, 2017 11:29 pm

JcGabriel

Arresto Menor

Yah that's why m not forcing him and i just choose to live peacefully and just taking care of my son. Well i will do that once i go back in the philippines. Thanks a lot jadis for ur reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum