Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bank Guaranty as payment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bank Guaranty as payment Empty Bank Guaranty as payment Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:27 am

macadiz

Arresto Menor

May I know if a bank's letter of guaranty as part of payment to a sale of land considered as cash payment in filling out BIR form for Capital Gains Tax Return? Also how do I word the Acknowledgement Receipt required by BIR to show proof that payment has been received (although in reality, payment comprised of 25% cash and 75% bank guaranty, proceeds of which will be released only upon delivery of the new TCT and TD)?

2Bank Guaranty as payment Empty Re: Bank Guaranty as payment Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm

betchay001

Reclusion Perpetua

No, a letter of guarantee is not proof of payment.

Taxes need to be paid anyways when the payment has reached 25% of the total contract price (it is treated as a cash sale). So you do not need to have an Acknowledgment receipt for something you have not received yet.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum