Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing my son's surname

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1changing my son's surname Empty changing my son's surname Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:18 pm

gandagandako

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I would really like to seek a professional advice. I am a single mom to my 5 year old boy. My son is using his father's family name. Yet, his father did not give any support to him from the day he was 6 months old until he is now 5 year old.

His father is a certified accountant in Philippines while I am an Office Manager abroad. I can give more to my son and that's why im not interested for any financial support from his father.

The only thing, is that I would really love to change his surname into my surname.

Please advise.

Thank you.

2changing my son's surname Empty Re: changing my son's surname Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

Changing the surname of a child based only on the fact that the father does not provide financial support is not among the grounds provided in the rules.

However, if the father has abandoned your child, physically, morally and financially, you may adopt your son. If the father is willing to give written consent to the adoption, it will be easier for you to process the adoption. Either way, the consequence is that his surname will be changed to yours.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3changing my son's surname Empty Re: changing my son's surname Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:48 am

clouds

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,

What if the father will not sign any consent for adoption even if he left the kid since day one? I have the same situation with the sender.

4changing my son's surname Empty Re: changing my son's surname Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:07 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

As long as you will be able to establish that the father had physically, morally and financially abandoned the child, it may still be granted by the court even without the consent of the father.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

5changing my son's surname Empty Re: changing my son's surname Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 am

clouds

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty.,

What necessary document should I bring? Do I need to bring this to court or just a power of an attorney will do?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum