Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

additional dependent

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1additional dependent Empty additional dependent Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:13 am

elgreta

Arresto Menor

my sister husband died and i found out that he is also married to another girl prior to my sister marriage. can my sister still add their daughter as an additional dependent even though that her husband is already dead

2additional dependent Empty Re: additional dependent Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:27 am

elgreta

Arresto Menor

also i would like to ask if there is any case that can be filed against my sister by the first wife even though that my sister just knew that his husband was already married at the time of her husband death.

3additional dependent Empty Re: additional dependent Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua

elgreta wrote:my sister husband died and i found out that he is also married to another girl prior to my sister marriage. can my sister still add their daughter as an additional dependent even though that her husband is already dead
I don't understand which of these you mean so I answer both Smile
A. Your sister put her daughter as dependant in tax point of view?
Yes she can.

B. In hier pointt of view?
Well. I suppouse the second marriage isn't valid. Then your sister don't inherit anything (if there aren't any will saying other) but she KEEP what's hers. Asuming the father is registered as father, the daughter, but if the marriage is unvalid, then I suppouse the daughter is counted as ilegit. Then she get half share of what a legit child get. How many children - if any - had he in the first mariage?
elgreta wrote:also i would like to ask if there is any case that can be filed against my sister by the first wife even though that my sister just knew that his husband was already married at the time of her husband death.
Well. Anyone can file any case against anyone.
IF the first wife file a case against your sister, then it depend of what can be proven and what the court decide. The second marriage licence is a good sign your sister can be found innocent, because if the "husband" managed to fool the register, then it isn't odd if he fooled your sister too...
I don't know personality of the first wife, but perhaps it's best your sister tell her she didn't know, BEFORE the wife has done anything.

4additional dependent Empty Re: additional dependent Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm

elgreta

Arresto Menor

thanks...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum