Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Withheld pay for work rendered before Preventive Suspension

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bella_01

Arresto Menor

I work in a BPO company and was put on preventive suspension on March 14. I was adviced I would not be paid during the duration of my suspension which is fine since I can't come to work anyway. My question is regarding my salary for the days already worked before suspension - I worked from March 1-14 and my time card approved by my supervisor but I did not get paid on pay day. I was not adviced by HR that my pay for days already worked for would be held. I have been trying to read up on DOLE provision for that, all I can find are articles stating No pay during the duration of suspension. Is that it? Because pay day is was on March 24 and already during my suspension that is why I did not get paid for the days I already worked?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

did they give you a reason why it is being withheld?

Bella_01

Arresto Menor

No reason. I talk to my TL and an HR representative and even they are surprised I did not get my pay for those days I worked.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you should ask HR why it is being held and when it will be released. It may just be clerical error.

Bella_01

Arresto Menor

I already talked to HR as well but no one can give me a straight answer. All they are saying is I should have gotten my pay. Now it is already escalated to whoever has the access to payroll.

So there my suspension should not be reasob fpr my pay being withheld is that right?

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes i dont see why they would

Bella_01

Arresto Menor

Thank you for the confirmation. I already raised a complaint ticket with our HR last Friday (on the day of our actual pay) but it is already Teusday and still no resolution. Last message they left me was they need to do more verification regarsing the concern. I have already attached my payslip and Timecard approval screenshots. I hope they work faster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum