Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

tendering resignation before termination hearing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

serenity0324

Arresto Menor

Hello. Good morning. I hope that someone can answer my question. Today, I was told by my TL that they will schedule a hearing for me next week due to my Unapproved Absences (even with medical certificates and the fact that I have to rush my fiancee to the hospital due to sickness) but I have not been given any notice to explain yet or any written warning prior to the schedule of the termination hearing. My questions are as follows:

1. Can I change the date of my resignation letter to be April 15 though I have already submitted one dated April 30? I am already rendering the 60 days as they require as we speak.

2. My TL said that they will only accept a valid absence if the date is covered on the medical certificate. So, for example, if I was too sick to go to the doctor on the first day, they will tag that as unauthorized absence and not accept that as valid though the doctor has confirmed on the medical certificate that I was indeed not able to go to work because of Gastritis or Conjunctivitis. Is this acceptable?

HrDude

Reclusion Perpetua

1. Can I change the date of my resignation letter to be April 15 though I have already submitted one dated April 30? I am already rendering the 60 days as they require as we speak.

YES you can. However, the approval or acceptance is Management's prerogative.

2. My TL said that they will only accept a valid absence if the date is covered on the medical certificate. So, for example, if I was too sick to go to the doctor on the first day, they will tag that as unauthorized absence and not accept that as valid though the doctor has confirmed on the medical certificate that I was indeed not able to go to work because of Gastritis or Conjunctivitis. Is this acceptable?

Management has to accept the date/s covered by the medical cert.

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

you can ask the doctor to write that you were sick from first day even if for example you visit the doctor on the 3rd day already. Hindi naman ibig sabihin kung kelan ka pumunta sa doctor ay 1st day na nagkasakit ka

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum