Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salary Deduction (unjust?)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

weiblich

Arresto Menor

Good day!

I'm working as an IT Staff in a College under the Senior High School Department, in this school the different Dept. Heads acts as the HRM on their designated departments, The Senior High School Principal (a dept. head) offered me three subjects at the start of the school year, and I agreed with the condition that they would pay me separately. The principal and I agreed on the said condition.

But here is where it gets rough, after a month I noticed that there is no increase in my salary, it turns out that the accounting department denied my additional salary (from teaching) for the following reason.

*The time I spent on teaching was still under my working hours as an IT Staff.

*They want the teaching loads to be "bundled" in my salary as an IT Staff.

After having known this, I wrote a letter to the Principal stating that I would like to transfer my teaching loads to another employee. When the accounting department knew this scenario, they deducted the three(3) subject loads on my salary as an IT Staff.

My question is this, did the accounting dept. made a correct/legal move? and can I get a favorable decision if this situation goes down in a proper court?

2Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:53 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

meron kang any written contract? Or puro verbal lang ito?

3Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:55 pm

weiblich

Arresto Menor

puro verbal lang po lukekyle, pero may naka black and white po ako na kopya ng roles and responsibilities ko as an IT Staff, signed by the principal and it doesn't include teaching po.

4Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:47 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

may writtten contract ka na IT staff ka nila?

5Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:10 pm

weiblich

Arresto Menor

yes po, meron po

6Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:30 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

hindi dapat bumaba yung salary from the contract but they can refuse to transfer your teaching loads. You have to remember pwedeng dagdagan ng employer ang duties and responsibilities mo without giving you extra pay EXCEPT if you have to work more than 8 hours to accomplish the extra duties.

7Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:34 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

if your current salary because of the deduction of teaching load is lower than your contract, you can first complain to HR. If all else fails you may complain to nlrc. But be prepared, they will probably reinstate the teaching bundle.

Next time if meron kayong additional na agreement ask for something in writing, kasi even if the person wants to fulfill his commitment what if something happens to him.

8Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:26 pm

weiblich

Arresto Menor

I see, thank you for the information, I'm learning a lot

But what if I've been enjoying my salary for the past 4 years, and in the span of those 4 years, I haven't been teaching a single subject po?

For additional info, the school principal was the one who came to me and asked if I could teach the three subjects, it wasn't me who initiated the move.

Our HR as it stands is the Principal, we (me and the Principal) had an agreement before the start of the school year that I will be compensated separately for the Three teaching loads, yung accounting department lang po ang against it saying that they want my salary to stay the same.

Last edited by weiblich on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

9Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:39 pm

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

that doesnt matter. pwede dadagdagan ng employer ang duties and responsibilities ng isang employee kahit walang dagdag na bayad. for example 10 years ikaw ay nakaupo lang sa desk at nag facebook dahil walang pinapagawa ang employer sayo tapos today sabi nya you need to file papers. that means now you need to file papers, di mo pwedeng demand ok but i want something in return.

if willing ang HR, have him execute something in writing, the company will have to make good on what the HR promised

10Salary Deduction (unjust?) Empty Re: Salary Deduction (unjust?) Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:17 pm

weiblich

Arresto Menor

I think all my questions are now answered, I would like to express my thanks to you, Marami talaga akong natutunan, I hope you get to help more people. Godbless

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum