Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Company "forgot" to deduct from my salary and now they chase me to pay for that

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Alois

Arresto Menor

Hi,

I resigned from my job more than a month ago. Today, the HR sent me a message that I still have an unpaid payment for the HMO (50:50 company:employee). She said I have to pay for the remaining balance until October since I signed their contract stating such matter. However, there was also a statement there in the contract that says they have to deduct the remaining balance from the final salary whenever the employee ends his/her service for the company. I never had a copy of this contract and I admit I totally forgot about the latter statement. All I remembered was that I signed a paper that allows them to deduct payments every cutoff. My final salary was released and I got the expected amount, no deductions for the rest of the said contract. Now the HR is telling me about the unsettled payment. I asked the HMO directly on why my employer still wants me to pay though I don't work for them anymore. I asked if they have a contract that says anything about paying such dues even if the employee resigned already. The HMO representative just told me that he checked my account and it is still active, then forwarded my messages to my previous company's HR. I asked the HR about why they never mentioned it to me again when I handed them my resignation. I said I never even had a copy of that piece of paper. She even conducted an exit interview. She simply said she forgot. Can forgetting the deductions be a fair reason for them to chase me for the HMO payments (the paper only had company officers' signatures and the company logo; none from the HMO) and then stop me from getting my COE and Exit Clearance? I doubt that I have a balance in the HMO. Also, why wouldn't they cut my subscription to end payments? I never had a copy of their contract with the HMO.

Thank you so much to those who will respond!

Hr person

Arresto Menor

May mga HMO kasi na ang bayaran is for the whole year so kung ganun nakastate sa contract mo ibig sabihin kailangan mo talaga syang bayaran kasi binayaran na ni company yung HMO mo for the whole period ng contract nila (hula ko October yung renewal nila).

Patok

Reclusion Perpetua

since active pa kamo yung HMO mo, binayaran na yan for 1 year nang company, kaya ka nila sinisingil for the payment... but tell them since babayaran mo, then dapat pwede mo pa din sya gamitin up to the expiration.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum