Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing my son's surname

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1changing my son's surname Empty changing my son's surname Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:10 pm

singlemother66

Arresto Menor

good evening.. I just want to ask for the possibility to change the surname of my son to my maiden name...

He is now in major age. He intends to file a petition before the court to change his surname to his mother's maiden name.

My marriage was declared null and void (year 2006) and the custody of my son was awarded to me. When my son learned that my marriage was annulled (that same year 2006), he asked me during that time if his surname will also be changed to mine. My answer was not yet; maybe we need to wait for the proper time that we can settle that matter. An advice was given to me to wait for the major age and let my son decide whether he would like to file for a petition or not re: change of his surname.

(His father has not been supporting him and even has not shown any importance to my son.)

He now intends to file a petition.. What should be the ground that we can use in order that we can change his surname from his father's to mine.

thank you very much... God bless

2changing my son's surname Empty Re: changing my son's surname Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:25 am

nnyxx

Arresto Menor

This kind of question will lead to a really long discussion how bout seeking an advice from a family law attorney? I actually met one, if you're interested here's the link of their law office in QC https://alburovillanueva.wordpress.com/contact-us/. I think having a personal discussion with a lawyer will not only answer the question you have right now but you'll be able to ask the ones that will just popped out in connection with your query.
I wish for your peace of mind.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum