Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change family name of my daughter

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Change family name of my daughter Empty Change family name of my daughter Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:33 am

Khring

Arresto Menor

I hope you can help me regarding my problem. My daughter is using her father's last name(my ex bf but we're not married). I want to change it with my last name. But in her certificate of live birth,my ex signed it and acknowledge the child. How can I change it even if he signed the birth certificate of my child?

2Change family name of my daughter Empty Re: Change family name of my daughter Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi,

You cannot change the last name of your child just because you and the father are no longer together. However, you can adopt your own illegitimate child. If you adopt her, the father has to give his written consent to the adoption and relinquish any right to the child.

As a consequence of adoption, your daughter will have the same rights as if she is your legitimate child, use your surname and inherit from you with the same rights as a legitimate child.

(Should you get married in the future and have children, then your daughter will have the same amount of inheritance as your legitimate children. Please note that illegitimate children's inheritance is only 1/2 of the inheritance of a legitimate child).

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum