Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How can I legally change my daughter's last name?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

darsmah

Arresto Menor

How can I change my daughter's last name?

I am a single mother of two girls. Never married to my kids' biological father. My first born (who is now turning 4) has his biological father's last name,also has his name on the birth certificate, while my second born has my last name.

At the time of birth to my first born, I decided to give my child her biological father's last name. (BIG MISTAKE) He has never been a constant in her life,never gave her support and only came to visit TWICE within after we separated (she's about 13 months old, and I am a month pregnant to our second baby) which I denied to him because I believed that this will only get her confused, because she's too young to understand complicated things like this. And I strongly believe that, technically, he's out of her life.

I am going to marry a wonderful man soon, who helped me raise my daughters, has been their father figure for the last two years and whom they call "dada". I am afraid that they would feel "excluded" or "different" when I already have their Dada's last name. I would like to know what my legal options/procedures I have before we proceed with the petition.

Looking forward to your positive response. Thank you.

nagtatanong

Arresto Menor

I have the same problem with my son.. Please post a reply.. anyone..HELP..

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

thru adoption process.

nagtatanong

Arresto Menor

concepab wrote:thru adoption process.

Thanks for the reply...

but.. uhmn..

adoption by the mother?.
so... I have to solely adopt my son...

do I have to get the approval of his father?

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

nagtatanong wrote:
concepab wrote:thru adoption process.

Thanks for the reply...

but.. uhmn..

adoption by the mother?.
so... I have to solely adopt my son...

do I have to get the approval of his father?

not by you, your husband. IMO, since the mother has the full parental authority over an illegitimate child, I don’t think that the consent of the father is necessary. I’m not sure.. Very Happy

attyLLL

darsmah, i recommend you get married first, then file a joint petition for adoption. allege abandonment so that consent is not necessary

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum