Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surname change for my daughter

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Surname change for my daughter Empty Surname change for my daughter Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 pm

cream12

Arresto Menor

Hi, i hope you can help me on my current issue. i just got married last month and i have a 2 year old daughter which surname is under my ex. now me and my husband wants to change her surname same as our name since we have a full custody on her. her biological father just visits her occasionally. i have asked some advised from a lawyer but he is asking for a 50k payment just for paperworks. is that how it really works?

2Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Hi, I am Atty. Katrina.

First of all, it is not a mere paperwork. In order for your daughter to use the surname of your husband, he has to adopt your daughter. Since the biological father recognises your daughter, you and your husband have to obtain the consent of the biological father in order for your husband to adopt your daughter. If the biological father does not want your husband to adopt his daughter, you cannot do anything about it.

For more info, please send me a PM.

http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:09 pm

ador12

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. Katrina

Follow up question po sana with the same issue. What and how will I start with the process. my daughter is using my maiden name and now that im married we would like her use our name as well. what are documents we need to prepare for adoption and how long will it take to get a result. this coming school year we are hoping that she can use our surname. Please advise. oh also, how much will it be?

thank you in advance

4Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:03 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

ador12 wrote:Hi Atty. Katrina

Follow up question po sana with the same issue. What and how will I start with the process. my daughter is using my maiden name and now that im married we would like her use our name as well. what are documents we need to prepare for adoption and how long will it take to get a result. this coming school year we are hoping that she can use our surname. Please advise. oh also, how much will it be?

thank you in advance

Hi Ador12,

First of all, I would assume that your husband is not the biological of your daughter. Was the biological father named in the birth certificate of the child? Does he recognise the child as his?

There are several documents needed and for the costs, please send a direct email to km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

5Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:16 am

ador12

Arresto Menor

Thank you atty.  Katrina for taking time to reply on my queries, I sent you a pm for the documents and cost.

Yes, my husband is not the biological father of my daughter. the biological father abandoned my child and I never received any support from him, he didnt sign and acknowledge my daughter. my child is using my surname on her birth certificate and all other documents.

thank you in advance.

6Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:05 pm

Timmy007

Arresto Menor

Katrina288 wrote:Hi, I am Atty. Katrina.

First of all, it is not a mere paperwork. In order for your daughter to use the surname of your husband, he has to adopt your daughter. Since the biological father recognises your daughter, you and your husband have to obtain the consent of the biological father in order for your husband to adopt your daughter. If the biological father does not want your husband to adopt his daughter, you cannot do anything about it.

For more info, please send me a PM.

Hi atty. Katrina, i have the same concern also..how about if the biological father is already dead, can we now have the authority to change the name of the child? or do we still have to follow the adoption procedure...ty..

7Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:51 am

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua

Dear Timmy007,

Yes, but you and your husband should legally adopt the child. If you need legal assistance for adoption proceedings, you can email me on km@kgmlegal.ph

Best regards,
Atty. Katrina

8Surname change for my daughter Empty Re: Surname change for my daughter Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:49 pm

jhoel

Arresto Menor

Dear Atty. Katrina

can i ask some advice... i have a daughter named before my wifes ex husband... we have the full custody of my daughter now.. what is the best procedure for us to change my daughter's surname onto my surname..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum