Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

requirements to be able to get married in the Catholic church sa pinas after divorce

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tropicana10

Arresto Menor

I think I posted the above topic sa wrong forum earlier.. I am divorced po, Brit citizen, not dual..
Ano po ang requirements before I can get married sa Catholic church and how will the process start po..

Thank you so much.

attyLLL

were you previously married in the catholic church?

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

The Church has its own rules with regard to marriage. Usually the church only allow people who got a church sanctioned "annulment"..meaning to say it is the church itself who try and decide cases of annulment as they have their own set of laws(canon law) that provides ground for annulment. Furthermore, they have their own courts aptly called matrimonial courts..which is separate and distinct from our civil courts.

4requirements to be able to get married in the Catholic church sa pinas after divorce Empty was not married po sa church before Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:50 pm

tropicana10

Arresto Menor

Thanks po sa mga replies nyo.. Attorney, I was not married po sa church before.. Sa judge lng po..civil...
Am planning to re marry na po sa Catholic church but I know it might take long befroe that happens kasi sa process.. What are the steps.. please
Also, is it ok na f ever, sa civil lng munna then later on, sa Church na..
Thank you for your replies..

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

You said you were married to a brit national then you got divorced, which of course is done abroad, am I right?

tropicana10

Arresto Menor

Just for clarification po, I was not married to a Brit national but to a Filipino Citizen. I am a neutralized British Citizen and I am divorced recently. We were only married sa civil rites there in the Philippines. I was a former Filipino but am not a dual citizen.
I am planning to remarry there in the Philippines but this time sa Catholic Church but I know am not allowed as am divorced.

What do I need po and where to start so I will be allowed to get married dyan sa Catholic Church sa Pinas.
And secondly, ok lng ba yun to get married sa civil rites and then sa Church later on after I will be allowed to do that?

Thank you po..

attyLLL

yes, you can have a civil wedding and that will be your legal wedding.

the catholic church will require you to undergo their process of having the previous marriage annulled under church law. note that very few are granted and appeal is direct to the pope.

tropicana10

Arresto Menor

Thank you po sa quick reply nyo..
I hope you can help me with another question.. If I have to file para sa court declaration dyan sa Pinas,so I can have my divorce recognized, what is the process and ano po yung mga requirements para sana habang d pa ako nakakauwi dyan, the filing can be started .. Can it be done by somebody else in behalf of me while am here abroad? So that I can remarry when I go home this year..

Thank you po again..

admiral thrawn

admiral thrawn

There are canon law lawyers here in the philippines just search the net for more infos.

attyLLL

tropicana, i do not recommend you file an action for that. if things go wrong, your case can be made pending and you cannot get married.

what i recommend is just before you come here, you get a certificate from your UK that you are eligible to marry. that is all you have to show the civil registrar to be issued a marriage license.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum