Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is 2nd marriage legal or void?

+3
AWV
Ratchei
ivydias2007
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:00 pm

ivydias2007

ivydias2007
Arresto Menor

Dear Sir,

I have a friend who is married abroad in the Islamic Court. Her husband converted to Islam and they got married in Islamic court. Both however registered their marriage at the Phil Embassy where they resides. Now, my friend found out the her husband has a previous marriage in the Philippines. Is her marriage to him considered void or legal since they got married in Islamic Court which allows a man to marry up to 5 wives?
Thank you for your advance legal advise.

2Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Ratchei

Arresto Menor

Good day,

Is the first marriage civil? If Civil marriage, the husband still liable for bigamy even though he converted to Islam. Conversion to Islam does not extinguish his civil liabilities and cannot contract another marriage unless legally dissolve the 1st marriage. Therefore, the 2nd marriage is voidable.

Now, if the first marriage celebrated under Islamic Law, the 2nd marriage is legal. As you said, In Islam Muslim man is allowed to marry more than 1 but not more than 4 at a time (Not five).

The husband can nullify the 1st marriage (if Civil) in Islamic law provided both parties mutually agreed to do so.

Email me at atcheinasir@gmail.com for more information about Islamic Law on Marriage and divorce.

Thank you

3Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:21 pm

AWV

AWV
Reclusion Perpetua

Don't forget to mention that even he is already converted to islamic religion when he married the first wife, they still need the consent from the first wife to marry another woman.

Ratchei wrote:Good day,

Is the first marriage civil? If Civil marriage, the husband still liable for bigamy even though he converted to Islam. Conversion to Islam does not extinguish his civil liabilities and cannot contract another marriage unless legally dissolve the 1st marriage. Therefore, the 2nd marriage is voidable.

Now, if the first marriage celebrated under Islamic Law, the 2nd marriage is legal. As you said, In Islam Muslim man is allowed to marry more than 1 but not more than 4 at a time (Not five).

The husband can nullify the 1st marriage (if Civil) in Islamic law provided both parties mutually agreed to do so.

Email me at atcheinasir@gmail.com for more information about Islamic Law on Marriage and divorce.

Thank you

4Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 pm

gale14344

Arresto Menor

|Dear Sir
i was married june 2002 with some muslim without marriage license number.and it happened in some capitol branch in cebu city..it was just happened when i seek a man who can adopt me and my 2 kids.but after that signing of paper for marriage,,he told me he couldnt accept my 2 kids,so in the same day il decided to go far away and untill now we not meet each other again.there is no sex or even days that were together..sometimes in august 2009,i meet another man,his from belgium,when he decidid to live in the philippines with me and my kids,i start to process our paper for marriage,there i findly out that those marriage 7 years ago was recorded in NSO,i confess that to foreighner,,but still he want to pursue to marry me,after 7 years together,,we break up for some horible reason and fight,,so he filed case against me to revenge me,there he think about my double marriage.could i be liable for \BIgammy?please i need your advice,,i have 2 kids from that foreighner which i raise all by myself,,i need your legal advice.im facing bigammy case now and they already warrant of arrest me without informing me a letter from the court so i can submit an affidavit.i pay for cashbond for temporary libery with the amount of 24k..please im here to listen your advice,,thank you

5Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:50 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Hire a lawyer as you will need one to represent you in court.

6Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:24 pm

kimora

Arresto Menor

Hi, I have a foreigner boyfriend and we are almost three years now. We are planning to get married in usa but when we filed for fiancee visa the agency that is helping us with our papers saud he needs to provide divorce paper with his ex wife in philippines. The problem his ex wife a filipina abandoned him almost 3 years noq without contact and never got annulment. So his petition for me is pending. What can he do with his situation to marry me? Thanks

7Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:47 pm

xtianjames

Reclusion Perpetua

Did your bf filed for divorce? this will be the first step as he needs to provide proof that he is no longer married to his ex.

8Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Is my 2nd marriage is legal? Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:11 pm

shahad

Arresto Menor

Good day...
I have a friend got married for the 2nd time her first marriage was made in Catholic Church and she's separated in verbal for 8yrs.
She go abroad and convert to Islam religion since 2009 and she got married in 2nd time last November 2015 in Islam court is her 2nd married legal or bigamy? Pls give me a clear advice

9Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Is my 2nd marriage is legal? Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:51 pm

shahad

Arresto Menor

Good day...
I have a friend got married for the 2nd time her first marriage was made in Catholic Church and she's separated in verbal for 8yrs.
She go abroad and convert to Islam religion since 2009 and she got married in 2nd time last November 2015 in Islam court is her 2nd married legal or bigamy? Pls give me a clear advice
Only the girl had converted to Islam but the first husband not converted in Islam is there any possibility that their marriage will be void?

10Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Empty Re: Is 2nd marriage legal or void? Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:48 pm

Ratchei

Arresto Menor

shahad wrote:Good day...
Only the girl had converted to Islam but the first husband not converted in Islam is there any possibility that their marriage will be void?

Good day and happy new year,

check your email, already answered your inquiries. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum