Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Empty WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:46 am

Blaire001

Arresto Menor

Hello,
My sister met a Japanese guy on a dating site. They got along very well and actually thought of meeting up in Japan. The planned about getting married if everything went well with their relationship. Everything was perfect and they were happy.

Since the Japanese wanted to meet in Japan and my sister said it will be expensive for her if she will visit him in Japan, he offered her to shoulder all the expenses - so he sent money to her so she could start getting all the documents needed. During the course of getting all the papers they had some misunderstandings and they argued quite a bit. He said to return his money etc. And told her some offensive remarks. Because to her pride, she said she will give the money back although it will be hard for her to do it because she already used it to get all the documents needed for the cancelled trip. He even threatened her that he will come here in the Philippines and will press charges againts her.

I was shocked and saddened when i heared about this. I am aalso worried about my sister. My question is: is it really possible for him to file a case against her? If so, what wil be the possible case and what will be the best action for her?

2WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Empty Re: WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:02 am

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor

The Japanese could file a case of estafa. Since you said the money was spent getting the required documents, I don't think it will prosper since your sister acted on what she is suppose to do. Just keep the receipts and conversation to prove your defense.

3WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Empty Re: WE MET ONLINE - FOREIGNER Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:59 am

Blaire001

Arresto Menor

Estafa? But she did not sign any agreement or anything. The money that he gave was supposed to be for the travel plus some are for personal used as per their agreement. Should we go to an attorney now before he can file a case? He is constantly threatening her through phone calls and texts. Now i am worried since you mentioned that it could be estafa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum