Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

foreigner and school

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1foreigner and school Empty foreigner and school Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:35 am

dm3990

Arresto Menor

I'm a retired American military living here in the P.I. using my G.I. bill to go to school. I recently transferred to ABE (AMA associate) and I was told everything was good with my application. After a month of going to classes the Dean approached me and told me I was not allowed to go to school there anymore since I am not a resident of the P.I. This causes a lot of problems for me and my family because now I will not be getting my income from the G.I. bill (around $1600 a month). The school and Dean knew I wouldn't be allowed to attend their school because they are not a credited (I didn't know this since they knew what the G.I. bill was all about)but didn't tell me for a month and now it's too late to find another school for this trimester/semester. Would I have a case against them? Maybe for misrepresentation or hardship?

As a side not I had applied for my student visa after being accepted into this school adding to the cost...

Last edited by dm3990 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info addition)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum