Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engineer wanting to take up Law.. advise anyone?

+2
spazky
dooyyiiee
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dooyyiiee

Arresto Menor

I am currently a registered mechanical engineer working in the field of Property Management. I am planning to take up law next year but I have a few questions in mind:

1.I'm already 26 and by the time I graduate I would either be 31 or 32. Isn't that too late for me?

2.Will it be okay to take up law while working?

3.My pre-law is Mech. Engg., will this affect my success rate in becoming a lawyer?

4.I am from the province (Bacolod City) and currently working here too. Will going to a certain school affect your chances of becoming a lawyer?

Any inputs from anyone would be a great help esp. those engineers who proceeded law. Thank you very much!

spazky

Arresto Menor

Dre, ok lng yan, Civil Engr ako dre, bata ka pa, 1st yr nga ako ngaun dre, 29 ako Smile

anniedelpalima@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

I am an EE. Mr. CE, ask ko lang po, how's your first year in a law school going? Tanong ko din po, kelangan po talaga magaling mag English? Hehe

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

1. It's never too late.
2. You might have to take a year off work during the last year of school.
3. No.
4. The most recent bar results prove otherwise. I went to Beda/Sparta but then again, it's also greatly a matter of personal effort. Prayer and work.

I had a classmate who is also an engineer. Chemical I think. He is also a lawyer now.

Jadis

Jadis
Reclusion Perpetua

Knowing the rules on grammar and syntax will aid you greatly. And unless the bar exams are administered in a lamguage other than English, yes, sadly.

I had a teacher who had a three strike rule. He would stop reading a paper or let the person reciting sit down after the third grammatical error

jhoms manlangit

Arresto Menor

How about me, kindly help any advise...I am a mechanical engineer engaged in manufacturing management 39 years old already but still wanting to take up law..any advice?

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

jhoms manlangit wrote:How about me, kindly help any advise...I am a mechanical engineer engaged in manufacturing management 39 years old already but still wanting to take up law..any advice?

Nothing would stop you in taking up law in any university that offers such.

However, you should have your Transcript of Records assessed by the registrar of the school and see if you have the proper units in English, Math, and Social Studies to be able to take up law.

Moreover, you also need to take the PhilSAT since that is the national entrance exam for law school admission. Some law schools have their own admission tests even if you have passed PhilSAT, so take note of that.

Furthermore, try to assess your English and grammar skills. Having such skills is crucial in surviving law school since most professors are sticklers when it comes to the English language and its proper use. Maybe you would benefit in having extra classes in English first before engaging in law school.

Good luck.

jhoms manlangit

Arresto Menor

Thanks for the great advice. Will take up law next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum