Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

CITIBANK's third party collection agency won't provide certificate of full payment

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jenric19

Arresto Menor

Hello.

I had an outstanding debt that I had fully paid on Sept 21, 2016. On Oct 3, 2016, Citibank's collection department promised to send the certificate of full payment within 20 banking days (soft copy) through email, and 30 banking days for the hard copy to be sent through mail. I've been calling Citibank's collection department for 3 weeks now to check if they have already sent the certificate, but they are just giving me different names and phone numbers, (all 7 numbers are being redirected to a voicemail until now) to call to ask for the certificate. They were telling me that my citibank account was already being handled by a third party collections agency (GCCS & Associates). Now, no one from Citibank is willing to assist me. Please help.

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Have everything documented and take note of the numbers and names that you came in contact with. It is well within your right to ask for such a certificate since you have completed paying your outstanding debt with Citibank and that document will serve as future proof of the completion of your debt. Escalate your concern to the higher-ups of Citibank, up until your problem gets resolved. Hopefully, with persistence and patience from your side, it will be given due action.

I am really hoping di na aabot ito sa korte, since certification lang naman ang hinihingi mo and there are no more outstanding debts to pay. Expensive ang litigation dito sa Pinas, and malaking hassle ito on your part. Kulitin mo lang sila ng kulitin hanggang umaksyon sila.

jenric19

Arresto Menor

Sige, ganun na nga lang... Crying or Very sad
tawagan ko uli sila mamaya, at sana may sumagot na. thank you!

thepoetsedge

thepoetsedge
Reclusion Perpetua

Good luck sa situation mo. Sana bigyan nila ng nararapat na aksyon ang iyong concern.

Kung wala pa ring aksyon even after escalation and superhuman persistence, try to threaten them with possible litigation since they are not fulfilling their responsibility as a bank for clearing completed debts and giving certification thereof. Liable sila in more ways than one, especially if you have proof of payments to back it up.

If you have the time, you may go to the nearest Public Attorneys' Office (PAO) at your nearest City or Municipal hall and ask for free legal advice regarding your concern.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum