Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

when to impose suspension as administrative penalty to employee

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cherylene

Arresto Menor

Hello,

Would like to know when to impose suspension on employees as administrative penalty?

As of the moment the company has no established handbooks for their policy and guidelines, thru memorandum lang po. Ngayon may employee kami nag karoon na ng 3rd letter warnings for not following rules, gusto sana ng employer e suspend po sya, yung infraction nya ay hindi pagsuut ng socks insinde the company, kahit may mga warnings siya hindi parin siya nag soot ng socks until now. Paano po ba e impose ang suspension sa kanya base on employer prerogative na hindi din labag sa labor law?

Thanks

johnlocke1290

Arresto Mayor

You could state that he will be dismissed because of willful disobedience, but you will give him a lighter sanction to give him a chance. But take note, willful disobedience has its requisites:

1. The employee’s assailed conduct must have been willful or intentional, the willfulness being characterized by a wrongful and perverse attitude; and
2. The order violated must have been reasonable, lawful, made known to the employee and must pertain to the duties which he had been engaged to discharge.

jpadriga

Arresto Menor

How long (maximum number of days) can a company impose suspension as an administrative penalty (not a preventive suspension)?

For preventive suspension, I read that it shall not exceed 30 days. How is 30 days defined? 1 month? or 30 working days (which could be one and a half month)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum