Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Empty TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Ennaelleryz

Arresto Menor

Hello po. My cousin works in a Japanese Restaurant. And got terminated after her shift yesterday. There was no contract signed but there is a rules and regulation paper that they signed before. Part of the rules and regulations are the explanation of the salary and basis of regularization. As per the paper they signed, training is 7 days. Probationary is one month but can be earlier or later depends on perfomance. And if they give them the 300/day rate it means they are a regular employee already. There were no rules about being terminated when pregnant. But when we talked to the owner, she said she is not a regular employee and she is terminated due to her pregnancy. May laban po ba kami? They  dont get a minimum wage. Di po sila naghuhulog sa sss, philhealth at pag ibig. Wala din holiday pay. Please we need advice. By the way, my cousin works there for 3 months.

Last edited by Ennaelleryz on Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added details)

2TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Empty Re: TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 pm

payoneer

Arresto Mayor

You can sue the employer for illegal dismissal. Even as probationary employees, one's employment cannot be terminated except for just and authorized causes. An additional ground for termination of employment is also allowed for probationary employees - that is her employment can be terminated if she failed to meet the standards of employment set forth at the time of hiring (rules and regulations of the company).

3TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Empty Re: TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 pm

Ennaelleryz

Arresto Menor

So even without any written job contract she can still sue the employer? Can we also add the complain about the underpayment of wage and non payment of the mandatory benefits?

4TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Empty Re: TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:09 am

lukekyle

Reclusion Perpetua

yes you can. you just have to prove that you are an employee. do you have payslips etc?

5TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Empty Re: TERMINATED DUE TO PREGNANCY Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Ennaelleryz

Arresto Menor

Hello. She doest have a payslip. They will release a payslip if my cousin sign a waiver that she agreed with the reason of termination.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum