Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tenant prevented from moving out

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tenant prevented from moving out  Empty Tenant prevented from moving out Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:42 am

hksarboy123@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Good day,
I hope someone can advise. My wife rented a condo in Manila for her mother to live in. Unfortunately, we hit some problems that made things difficult for us financially but my wife was still able to pay the rent for a while. Then my wife lost job and she just could not pay the rent for a few months. The owner had two months advance and one month deposit. My wife tried to contact the owner to see if a plan could be worked out regarding instalment payments pending obtaining new employment. But the owner did not respond. The next thing was that my wife received a letter from an Attorney for the owner stating that the management of the building would padlock the unit. Then the management of the building said none of my wife's belongings and furniture can be moved out of the condo. My wife wants to move out so the liability for further rent stops and the owner can find a new tenant. She will sign an agreement to pay by instalments the arrears - but would pay sooner if she can get back into employment. We have reached a stalemate. My wife cannot pay the rent. The building management will not allow her to move out quoting 'building house rules' as their authority. My wife is getting in a terrible state and I am very worried about her. We have an adopted daughter from the Philippines who suffers with cerebral palsy and she needs help from my wife - rather than my wife being in a terrible state over this issue. My wife does not know what to do and I am concerned about her health arising from this. One would think that a decent property owner would have compassion when someone has lost their job. I do wonder if the action of the condo management is legal. Can they prevent someone moving out their own furniture and personal effects? Can they padlock the condo with all items inside? Hoping for clarification on the legal position. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
PL

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum