Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Minors Moving Out of Home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Minors Moving Out of Home Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:41 pm

cafca

Arresto Menor

Is there a chance for an emancipation because of psychological and emotional abuse? Are there laws against 17 year olds moving to live in a different home from their immediate family? Thank you.

2Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:42 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Not a chance. if a minor is experiencing such abuse a proper complaint should be filed, and she/he cannot decide to whom she wanted to go - the court will decide and assign legal guardian for the minor.

3Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:27 pm

cafca

Arresto Menor

What about if I move to live with a different relative? What are the laws that might be a hindrance from that? At 18, do I not have to worry about that?

4Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:12 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

Until you reached majority, you are not allowed to decide for yourself.

Majority commences at the age of eighteen years. However, still, there are limitations (e.g. getting married still requires parental consent)

5Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:16 pm

cafca

Arresto Menor

And if I can prove that my parents are not psychologically fit to be parents? Can you send me the specific law or text that does say something that might force me to go back? And what about confiscation of passports? Do they legally own my passport? And if what if I can financially fund myself, prove my maturity and etc, I can become my own legal guardian?

6Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:40 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

cafca wrote:And if I can prove that my parents are not psychologically fit to be parents? Can you send me the specific law or text that does say something that might force me to go back? And what about confiscation of passports? Do they legally own my passport? And if what if I can financially fund myself, prove my maturity and etc, I can become my own legal guardian?

Read my post again. you will be under your parents wings until you reached 18 y/o. Until that time, you cannot decide for your self especially when it comes to engaging into any contract, you cannot decide which house you can stay.. it is not about financial capability, that is out of the topic.

And if ever the child is experiencing any kind of abuse, a proper complaint must be submitted and the court will decide for that. if your parents are not fit to be a parents, the court will appoint your legal guardian.

7Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:45 am

matt360

Arresto Menor

What if a 14 years old girl decided to live with her 19 years old boyfried. How can we get her from his boyfriend living with his parents parin.

Really need avise please.

8Minors Moving Out of Home Empty Re: Minors Moving Out of Home Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 pm

concepab

concepab
Reclusion Perpetua

matt360 wrote:What if a 14 years old girl decided to live with her 19 years old boyfried. How can we get her from his boyfriend living with his parents parin.

Really need avise please.

Ask DSWD for help and file a case against the BF.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum