Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ownership of Inherited Property

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ownership of Inherited Property Empty Ownership of Inherited Property Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:40 am

nenette.james1

Arresto Menor

[center]
Hi! Among us 7 siblings we inherited & divided the income-generating property in the city. Some sold their shares to each other. My sister who recently passed away, in her Will she left her 2 shares to the ministries she used to lead & appointed a REPRESENTATIVE to her shares & THE MINISTRIES. She is not related to us. My sister did not specify where her share would go if the Ministries are dissolved nor if the property is sold. IS BEING A REPRESENTATIVE ALSO MEAN OWNERSHIP? Her lawyer stated to me that if the case may be (if property sold or Ministries dissolved), the representative actually owns my sister's shares & she can do what she likes with the shares/proceeds. I know my sister was manipulated to change her Will. I cannot produce a concrete evidence as it came through in our web chatting conversation that she was being pressured. I live overseas.
The Representative & her family have been well-placed, most favored, enjoying all the benefits such as been living rent-free in a room fully renovated last year, a room which was advertised for rent way back 5 years ago for 12,000 pesos/ month; also she receives remunerations ( & her husband as well as caretaker/messengerial ) being the owner representative + receives the income from 2 shares. I don't mind of them having these benefits as there's none who can look after the property & for it's administration.I don't live in the Phils. I know my sister can bequeath whatever & to whoever, but it was the way or circumstance how her Will was changed which I'm not happy about. Another query: Was the lawyer right in saying the Representative owns the 2 shares? If he is wrong (but still it gets messy), is there anything we, the co-owners, can do in regards to the legal process, apart from contesting the Will? I am made to be the single Proprietor of the property, are there things I need to be aware of or be wary about with regards to legality & responsibility on this role, before I sign anything? Thanks ahead for your reply & advices.

Last edited by nenette.james1 on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Been advised I was over 2% full with my message allowance)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum