Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Consultant - Resignation

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Consultant - Resignation Empty Consultant - Resignation Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 pm

Nastyc

Arresto Menor

so I started as a consultant deployed to another company - I resigned after one month since may offer na regular employment. Problem is - may 70 day notice period that they are asking me to comply with - is this valid kahit "consultant" offer? I dont have benefits at all - daily rate siya. I dont really have anything to transition since I just started. I went on Sick Leave and they are asking me to present a medical certificate ? I told them I dont have to since I dont have Health Benefits or Sick Leaves naman - I just dont get paid.

Can you advise?

2Consultant - Resignation Empty Re: Consultant - Resignation Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:32 am

council

council
Reclusion Perpetua

Check company policy.

Notice periods are standard - with the 30 day notice the minimum if there is nothing stated in the contract.

Of course they can ask for a med cert - they want to be sure that you were actually sick and have at least taken measures that you are already alright and won't possibly contaminate others.

Being a "consultant" doesn't mean that the standard company rules will change for you.

http://www.councilviews.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum