Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

termination of contract as consultant

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1termination of contract as consultant Empty termination of contract as consultant Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 am

elisasantos453@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

Atty,
Just want to ask if I'm am entitled to separation/backwages pay. I am hired as consultant for a yr. My employer is terminating my contract after 2 months for violation daw of company policies such as intimidation, insubordination which I deny by responding to their show cause memo. Pls. advise.

Thanks
Elisa

2termination of contract as consultant Empty Re: termination of contract as consultant Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:26 pm

attyLLL

first, as a consultant, you may not actually be an employee. it will depend on the circumstances if you are.

and an employee who is terminated for just cause is not entitled to separation pay

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3termination of contract as consultant Empty Re: termination of contract as consultant Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

elisasantos453@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

guess mali ung term ko. I would like to requote my question. Can I sue the company for terminating my contract as a consultant? I guess I have clearly justified the show cause memo they gave me and have proven my self not guilty of violating anything?

attyLLL

it depends on your contract and the circumstances whether you are an employee or an consultant. if you are an employee, then you can file a complaint at nlrc.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

5termination of contract as consultant Empty termination of contract as consultant Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm

elisasantos453@yahoo.com

Arresto Menor

I am not an employee but a consultant. But the problem is, they are terminating my contract because they claim i have violated some company policies which I refute. I have responded to their show cause memo and I guess i have justified myself that I did not violate any company policy. I want to sue them for terminating me without just cause

6termination of contract as consultant Empty Re: termination of contract as consultant Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:35 am

ibonidarna

ibonidarna
Reclusion Perpetua

If you are not an employee they are not terminating you. They are terminating the contract. Check your consultancy agreement if they have valid grounds, if none, sue them for breach of contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum