Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is prior demand letter mandatory in collection suit?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

merlion357

Arresto Menor

If yes, kindly share the latest jurisprudence on this matter - without demand letter, a collection suit must be dismissed for failure to state cause of action.

attyLLL

jurisprudence can be found on sc.judiciary.gov.ph

without any additional facts, demand is required.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

merlion357

Arresto Menor

Thanks AttyLLL.

I know the SC website but I need the actual G.R. No. because the judge required us to cite actual jurisprudence (latest) that a collection suit is dismissible if no demand letter was sent prior to filing the action.

Where can I search for jurisprudence based on subject matter or topic online? I tried google but nothing has come up.

attyLLL

please tell me about your case. it will be easier that way. the principle of demand is not applicable absolutely in all cases.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

ocho

Arresto Menor

greetings merlion357,

in my humble opinion, i believe that a demand letter is required in a collection for the purpose of establishing the period when delay sets in. without the demand letter, technically your cause of action to collect has not yet accrued.

if memory serves correctly, demand letter is required only in cases falling BP22, unlawful detainer, and some acts of estafa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum