Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

demand letter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1demand letter Empty demand letter Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:23 pm

MelissaMSantiago

Arresto Menor

Gud am. just wanna ask if i need to send another demand letter. first demand letter was sent through registered mail last july 28, 2011 which stated that she had to pay me on or before august 15, 2011

2demand letter Empty Re: demand letter Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 pm

attyLLL

it's up to you, but you need to wait for the return card to make sure it was received.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3demand letter Empty Re: demand letter Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:55 pm

mangjayson

Arresto Menor

Here's what I did. I sent the registered mail by going to the Post Office which is assigned to deliver the demand letter in their area. By doing this, I was able to get the return card the very next day. I also gave specific instruction to the mailman to deliver the letter to his house early in the morning since he leaves for work early and letter carriers only deliver mails starting at 10 in the morning. Because of this, I was able to catch him before he leaves his house, otherwise even for the 10th attempt I bet the mail man still wouldn't be able to deliver the letter and have it personally received by him. Once he has signed the return card, I immediately asked the post office to provide me a certification stating that the letter i sent was actually sent to and received by that person personally.

My next step is probably to find a way to make the Post office send a request to NBI to do a handwriting examination to further verify his signature on the return card since I read somewhere that there was one particular case which reached the SC and was dismissed because according to the decision, the signature in the return card must be authenticated. The only problem is, normally, NBI only accepts requests coming from the court, prosecutor, or a government entity. I'll try my luck with the postmaster and see if i will be able to convince him.

4demand letter Empty Re: demand letter Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:29 pm

attyLLL

mangjayson, that is correct. try also to find the mailman and ask if he saw him sing the return card. that will be even better than an analysis by the nBI.

note this is most relevant for bp22 cases. the requirement is not as stringent in most other cases.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

mangjayson

Arresto Menor

I have also requested a certification from the post office which says that as per their record, the letter was sent and received by that person to whom the letter was addressed to. It was signed by their Chief, Admin Section and the letter carrier (the mailman who actually delivered the letter). I hope that is good enough proof though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum