Free Legal Advice Philippines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marriage validity

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Marriage validity Empty Marriage validity Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:06 pm

lil_princess2005

Arresto Menor

1.Ask ko lang po if, kung meron legal na mag asawa they separated for more than 20 years or more tpos yun husband had his own family after the separation but didnt get to marry again and didnt had the chance to file an annullment, Is the first marriage still be legal? Or is there in some extent that there is a law in the Philippines that in certain number of years being separated as legal spouses could consider the marriage null and void? kung sakali po at meron, ano po kaya ang mga grounds?
2. At kung namatay po yun husband, ano naman po ang habol ng illegetimate child sa properties na naiwanan ng yumao?

2Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 pm

attyLLL

law defines marriage as a special contract of permanent union. nothing regarding its validity changes by mere separation and passage of time.

the illegitimate child is entitled to inherit. did the father have legitimate children? if he did, the illegitimate child is entitled to half of the share of one legitimate child.

https://www.facebook.com/BPOEmployeeAdvocate/

3Marriage validity Empty Annulment grounds Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:57 am

jocoloc

Arresto Menor

Hi Good Morning,

I left my husband 3 years ago - has some sort of "job" with the government - drives a truck, does not want to be separated from his barkada and family. No valid source of income - always says bahala na daw ako kasi ako naman may magandang trabaho. I got so fed up with the irresponsibility and incompetence.
Always waits for handouts from his relatives outside of the country.
He and his family are straight out of a cheesy telenovela.
I now heard that he has a new child with another girl.
Would this speed up my annulment?

4Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:14 pm

attyLLL

jocoloc, do you mean you have or are planning to file a petition for annulment? under what ground? psycho incapacity?

5Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:27 pm

jocoloc

Arresto Menor

attyLLL wrote:jocoloc, do you mean you have or are planning to file a petition for annulment? under what ground? psycho incapacity?

Hello -

Have been planning on filling but i need to make sure. I am a single parent and I dont want to waste my resources by filling annulment and loosing.
This can fall on Psychological incapacity right?
I looked at most of the post and I think it's the only grounds I can qualify for.
Your advice please

6Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:40 pm

attyLLL

jocoloc, i recommend you have your marital docs and history reviewed by a legal professional to see if there is a ground for annulment.

7Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:38 pm

Emdyey

Arresto Menor

sir, i just want to ask if secret marriage legal? my girlfriend way back 2005 when she was 21, she and her bf had a secret marriage with a judge. She and her bf accompanied by her bf's tito and tita, they are also the one who signed the contract, but she is all alone and her parents and relatives don't know what she did. I already applied for CENOMAR, i just want to ask in advance what shall i do if the results is positive, that she was already married. We are already planning to get marry. Thank you sir.

8Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:22 pm

attyLLL

i recommend that she has her marital documents and history examined by a legal professional. if the marriage was registered, she will have to file for annulment first.

9Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Emdyey

Arresto Menor

Thank you very much sir for your response. i already got the result of the CENOMAR, im so depressed to find out that she was already married. Dont know what to do. Thank you sir. God bless

10Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:45 pm

ylalem25

Arresto Menor

Atty. LLL

way back year 2004 yong friend ko pong guy iniwan ng asawa nya 7 years na silang hiwalay ngayon at wala na cla balita sa isat - isa wla na clang communication sa isat - isa, ask ko lang after 10 years ng hiwalayan nila maging VOID po ba ang MARRIAGE nila? pwede po ba ulit magpakasal yong friend kung guy?

11Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 pm

attyLLL

ylalaem, no, the marriage still subsists.

12Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 am

ylalem25

Arresto Menor

Thank you so much for immediate response. Since gusto po magpakasal ulit ng friend ko, ano po ba mga legal na dapat gawin para ma VOID yong marriage nya sa dati nyang asawa? ano po mga kailangan proseso na gawin? And ilang years po aabutin ng pag process?

13Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:09 pm

attyLLL

i recommend that you have her marital docs and history reviewed by a legal professional.

if she does a good faith search for the husband and fails, there may be basis to declare the husband presumptively dead.

14Marriage validity Empty Re: Marriage validity Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:13 am

ylalem25

Arresto Menor

Hi Atty. its me ylalem again, sir kc po yong asawa nya taga cebu dw po hindi nya alam particular saan sa cebu, yong mga kamag.anak ng asawa nya hindi nya na rin ma trace kung saan sa manila kc binalikan nya dun sa inupahan nilang bahay wala na rw doon. Ask ko lang anu pang ibang paraan para ma trace yong asawa nya.

Pag ma approved sa court yong e file nyang petition for presumptively dead magiging VOID na po ba yong kasal nya sa una nyang asawa? and pwede na po ba cya magpakasal ulit sa simbahan?

Atty. what if halimbawa na approved na sa court yong pag file nya ng petition for presumptively dead, and nakapgpakasal na cya sa pangalawa nyang asawa, tpos biglang nagpakita yong una nyang asawa, may posibility ba yon maging VOID yong marriage nya sa pangalawa nyang asawa?

Thank you, waiting for your reply.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum